Case Studies

F G Alden Ltd, Kidlington, Oxford

Founded in the early 1920's, Aldens have become the most substantial and highly regarded mechanical engineering company in Oxfordshire.
 

The firm was first registered in 1923 and the business first operated from High Street, Oxford before moving in 1925 to New Road. Their decision to relocate their workshops and offices in 2000, also involved the electrical company, Darke & Taylor Limited, who were their tenants.
 
The project consisted of the construction of two independent buildings, each two storey, constructed with steel frames, artificial slate roofs and masonry cavity walls.
 
In total, approximately 1800m2 of office accommodation was provided together with 400 m2 of workshops and stores. Ancillary works included external services, drainage, access roads, car parks, fencing and landscaping.

return

transparent gif